TATAY (father)




This is for the scrapperie.com's 8 weeks challenge..First week's challenge is to make a layout about your superhero...No second thoughts,my tatay (father) is my hero...i've been saving these photos of him, waiting for the right layout...it was hard not to get emotional while i was making this, the worst part was the journaling...thanks donna and monet for giving me the right path...it was hard not to focus on the pain...

journaling:

TATAY,

whenever i was burdened with troubles in the past,you were always there to lift me up...a phone call with you,then i was strong again..you were always our happy tatay, enjoying life however big problems were...i would like to believe that you led a happy life even how short it was...i still call out for you tatay,silently...even with you gone,you are still able to give me strength during the lowest point in my life...there are still many battles that lie ahead,but i know that i could survive it and still be happy with my life,co'z i learned from the best...i would like to pass this on to my children like you passed it on to us...and maybe someday,my children will appreciate how i tried to stay strong for them because i would like to think i grew up like you, tatay..


materials used: basicgrey paper,cosmo cricket(gretel),mme bohemia, mm paint, bazzill bling flowers, mm eyelets,basicgrey ribbon,cosmo cricket letter (letter T), fabric letters,dmc floss, rub-ons

PHOTOGRAPHER: MONET VELARDE


(i would like to give credit to Miss Aurora Lim for the concept of how i put my jounaling circles together)

7 comments:

Christine said...
November 8, 2007 at 3:35 PM

this is soooo beautiful, Marj! I have yet to work on mine - later tonight siguro :)

marjorie said...
November 8, 2007 at 5:26 PM

thanks christine! gudluck with yours,will wait for it...

marjorie said...
November 8, 2007 at 5:26 PM

thanks christine! gudluck with yours,will wait for it...

Airees said...
November 8, 2007 at 6:08 PM

marj, this is super beautiful - the journaling (naiiyak ako), how you put the journaling together on the flower, the details! WOW! I think you will be the next diva!

marjorie said...
November 8, 2007 at 6:26 PM

thank you airees! hiya naman ako sa comment mo that i am the next diva...hiya tlga...

Wendy Schoonhoven said...
November 11, 2007 at 4:14 AM

I really love your layouts...hope you don't mind me linking you up on my blog...you are a great inspiration to me...xxx Wendy.

Donna Espiritu said...
November 13, 2007 at 8:10 AM

hi sis... super naiyak na naman ako :( your journaling, very well put together... your lo is so beautiful, not just the design but the message as well :) keep inspiring us :)

Back to Home Back to Top marj. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.