Before I keep on blabbing about the process, here is the finished project...I think it is perfect on that table in our living room. What do u think?
Now for those who are interested on the process, please keep on reading.
I used gold paint dabber and dabbed (that's why it's called paint dabber right? :D ) along the columns to give it a rough look. I tried golden gold acrylic paint and smooch but I didn't like how the gold turned out so I turned to that paint dabber from Ranger. Then I used my paint brush to paint the bottom and top parts. I have this acetate (forgot the brand, but the Prima flocked acetate would've been perfect for this) that I used to cover the glass parts. One of the glass opens up so it was easy to use that as a guide on how big I should cut the acetate.
I also have this gorgeous trim from Lee and her sister Tita Marissa (they gave me tons! wohooo!) and knew it would be perfect for this project. Of course, my projects wouldn't be complete if I don't use Prima flowers but I was careful not to use too much because I still want the light from the tea light candle to shine through.
Opening at the back part. The glass part slides upward so you have full access to light up the candle. Would've been nice if I didn't forget to light up the candle when I took this photo.
A few more shots..I love taking photos from different angles so sorry for the heavy photo posts in my blog.
on 12:39 PM by marjorie
I love going to garage sales and thrift shops to look for items to alter. I have a shelf full of alterable and was bored last night so I browsed that shelf and was immediately drawn to this "lamp" I got for 2 dollars at Salvation Army Thrift Store. Luckily, I didn't forget to take a before photo of it.