Playing With Colored Pencils

I've been hoarding my prismacolor pencils for years now. Not because I didn't want to use them but because I didn't know how. Or maybe, just didn't care enough to find out. Last night, I saw a few cards using prismacolor pencils and I was really surprised. At first, I thought COPICS were used. So I googled and googled and tried to find out the "secret" on the smooth blending ----> stumps and gamsol (odorless mineral solution)...Of course, I had to try it. Let me just say that using copics gives you a smoother blend AND save your wrist in a way. Here it is, my first attempt at using prismacolor colored pencils.





I only used 2 shades of brown here. With copics, I would've used at least 4 shades. For the apples, I used 2 colors, cinnamon red and apple green. You really can't see it in this photo, but the upper part of the image was colored with sky blue prismacolor then blended with OMS. It took me longer to finish this image though but it was ok. Besides, coloring is one of my most favorite part.
Thanks for looking!!!

2 comments:

Donna Espiritu said...
June 3, 2010 at 1:49 AM

galing mo sis! tgnan mo nga yan di halatang newbie sa technique na yan :)
i can see the sky blue background, love how you blended your colors!

Ems said...
June 3, 2010 at 5:39 AM

Aha discovered your blog! You have awesome pages here!...and lovely and pretty daughters! ;o)

Back to Home Back to Top marj. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.