Card Frenzy

I had a major burst of "card-making mojo" the past 2 days. It's nice to just pull a card out of my drawer when needed and not go to the store. So I made a few blank cards which I can personalize depending on the occasion.


A fan of flowers, ribbons, bling, and girly embellishments, I didn't have any idea how to make a boy card. But these stamps from The Greeting Farm are so cute that they inspired me just by looking at them.


Also my first attempt at using the airbrush system from copics. I should've masked the edges of the tag by not removing the template I used to cut and emboss the cardstock. I used gold metallic brush pen for the helmet, number on the shirt and trims on his clothes. Rest were colored with copic markers..








Next are the "girly" cards..I am so in love with the Twinkle Tots collection from the same company. So adorable!




The chocolate frosting on the strawberry is brown liquid applique. For those not familiar with this, it is like a puffy paint in a pen but thinner and so much easier to apply. But it takes a lot of patience to use because you need a whole day (12-24 hours) to dry. You can leave it smooth and shiny (like what I did here) or you can use a heat gun and it will puff.




I'm pretty sure that by now, you noticed that I used a LOT of faux stitching. I was like under the influence and didn't know what came over me. Maybe because I'm getting impatient waiting for the spare part I ordered for my sewing machine. Here's another one with the faux stitching. I also used tons of foam dots in every card to give a few elements dimension.




Last card is a very simple one. Nothing fancy.


Thanks for looking!










1 comments:

Donna Espiritu said...
May 30, 2010 at 9:32 AM

weeeeeee!!!!!!! ang gaganda!!!!! ako need ko magkaron ng mojo at magcard-frenzy din.....

Back to Home Back to Top marj. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.